Sunday, November 13, 2011

Cranberry-Pear Compote!

Who: Amy Elizabeth Mucken
What: Canning Seasonal Pears with Fresh Cranberries into a delicious paste!
Where: Our home
When: 11/12/11 - that means it is magical.
Why: Preparing to host a Thanksgiving event at our home, as well as prepare small gifts for special people in our lives
How (& More):



I just finished working 350 hours in one month.  Don't get me started, and I KNOW!  So the first thing I wanted to do after sleeping for three days straight - was get back to crafting.   


Luckily my hankering timed beautifully with the release of SkyRim so my handsome husband, Tiger Reel, was happily occupied on the nearby sofa.   


Fresh pears were still to be found at the Farmer's Market and I bought 12 pounds and had plans to triple the recipe I found on the Simple Bites site.   I still love this site, and have found it to be an amazing source of inspiration.   




I made batch one on 11/12 - I prefer to do it without white sugar, so did a 1 to 1 replacement with honey for the sugar required in the Simple Bites recipe.  It leaves a delicate tanginess to the recipe, but I like it.   I also doubled the cinnamon just to give it a good Holiday Kick!  



Kitchen shot:  Cranberry Pear Compote, Canning Handle, Mitts & Le Creuset utensil holder.  



Cranberry Compote Cooling before the jar-boiling process.  


Into the bath!  




Batch two came out even better - and I look forward to playing with the third batch tomorrow night when my friend Maggie Hollinbeck is in town.    Canning is more fun with friends.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment