Monday, August 1, 2011

Wooden Picture Frames

Who: Mucken & her friends and nieces
What: Decorating Wooden Frames
Where: In my home
When: Anytime you are feeling crafty
Why: Adding more personal touches to my life and my gifts.
How (& more):

I wanted to have a fun Craft-day with my girlfriends.  We get together for parties, or drinks, or shows - but I don't have a lot of tangible memories of these beyond the random FB photo.   I had a group of girl friends in college (and after) where we would craft frequently, but I hadn't developed that circle yet in my life in L.A.

I found a site online called Frame USA that sold unfinished (but sanded) frames ready for you to decorate and set to creating an evite.

I decided to have it at my house along with a very simple brunch (see post later regarding Craft & Crunch).  I ordered 40 wood frames at $5.00 a piece and created an invite to 20 of my favorite ladies, hoping that at least 1/2 could make it.   I would charge them $5.00 each for frames they used.

I had a lot leftover, and still sit a couple times a month, painting or decoupaging as one of our bookshelves in the living room is now a "craft center".    I love the feeling of having art supplies so close to hand and it has inspired many a homemade gift instead of a target gift-card or bottle of wine.



The fames arrive wrapped in plastic and the glass and stays are very secure.  Each has a hook on the back for hanging, as well as a stand if you prefer to keep it on a surface as decoration. 



My nieces came to stay with us for 5 days this summer.  My craft center was the saving grace for the "down times" when we didn't have a tour of Hollywood or other fun event planned.  The frame above was given to us by Carly White on the last day of the visit as a thank you.  The photo does not do it justice, and I'll try to update it with a better picture later.   These are cherry blossoms and she did a beautiful job.  It now has a prominent place in our loving home.  


Another lovely frame that looks better in real life than in this photo.   Made by Mucken!

No comments:

Post a Comment