Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Butternut Squash Apple Soup



My oh My!

My handsome husband got me an immersion blender for Christmas. This was the TOP item on my list with the Ipad 2 being a close second. I am in heaven.

We celebrated our personal holiday on Monday night, so first thing I did after work on Tuesday (ok, partially AT work on Tuesday) was to look up a good soup recipe to break-in the new blender.


Le Recipe!

1 yellow onion, chopped
3 tbs garlic powder
I carrot, chopped
1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed, chopped
1 tart green apple, peeled, cored, chopped
(squash and apple should be at a 3 to 1 ratio)
3 cups vegetable broth
Pinches of nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and pepper

Combine garlic powder, onion, celery, and carrot in large saucepan. Cook for 5 minutes. Add squash, apple, and broth. Bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until squash is soft. Puree. Add spices to taste.



No comments:

Post a Comment