Sunday, December 4, 2011

Holiday Tree!

I don't know how this happened, but somehow in the 5 years I have been sharing a life with my husband, we never got a Xmas tree.  Maybe it is because trees in Los Angeles can run upward of $100?  Maybe we usually visit my family over the holiday, or have shows, or the 2-foot metallic holiday tree was just enough.   Who knows.  


This year, with the help of a timely Groupon, we got our first tree for $45 bucks.   It smells of pine, and will hopefully last at least a week in our warm climate.  :)

The problem is, we don't have any ornaments.   And I'm trying to adopt a new attitude with purchases.  "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Refuse".  My BFF Lorna does this by refusing to make easy purchases if it is something you can do yourself.

So today we are stringing popcorn and making crepe paper flowers for our Holiday Tree.   Fingers Crossed!


No comments:

Post a Comment